Since I've been working in an Elementary School, I haven't been as organised as usual. September and October were a little bit crazy!
Today, I would like to share with you a recipe that my 12 y. old daughter learned in Middle School during cooking class : Garlic Cheese Biscuits. Sarah has made this recipe a bunch of times, it's my turn to make these Biscuits :)
This recipe is very easy to make and its great to eat with almost any meal.
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine Bisquick, milk, and Cheddar cheese with a plastic spoon, and beat vigourously 30 seconds until a soft dough forms. Do not overmix!
- Spray a cookie sheet lightly with vegetable spray. Drop Biscuit dough by heaping tablespoons onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While biscuits are baking, put butter in the smallest mixing bowl. Cook on "high" power setting for 1/2 to 1 minute until the butter is melted (in the microwave). Put a piece of waxed paper on top of bowl to prevent splatter!
- Stir garlic powder into melted butter.
- Brush butter mixture on top of biscuits. Serve warm.