I enjoyed making this dessert with my daughter :)
There are a lot of reasons to make this : you love chocolate, you have no time, you have a big family.
This is also a good one to do with the kids. This Chocolate Mousse is easy to prepare, you can make it in advance. It's a great dessert, silky and smooth.
Do not serve more than 3 tablespoons by person!
Don't let the kids eat too much!
A Taste of Charleston South Carolina Restaurant recipes inspired me for this recipe. This great cookbook gathered a lot of recipes from Charleston's restaurants.
I broke up just one bar of chocolate and melted in one cup of heavy cream. Do not hesitate to use good chocolate, if you want the best flavor.
I used the freshest eggs when I make anything that uses uncooked eggs!
- 1/4 lb. dark chocolate
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 1/3 cups heavy cream, whipped to a soft peak
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz sugar
- Melt one cup heavy cream with dark chocolate over a double boiler. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Whip 3 1/3 cups heavy cream, then place in the refrigerator.
- Whip egg yolks and sugar until pale and thick, approximatively 2-3 minutes.
- Fold egg mixture into the chocolate, and then fold in the whipped cream.