This gorgeous salad combines cherry tomatoes, fresh peas, fresh asparagus and lettuce.
I love this Healthy Salad. With chives and lemon juice, it's so delicious.
The magazine Eating Well inspired me for this great recipe.
Make 8 servings
- 2 teaspoons fresly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 10 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 heads lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups very thinly sliced fresh asparagus (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas (about 3 pounds unshelled)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or scallion greens
Bring a pot of lightly-salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus to the water and cook 3 to 5 minutes until just tender, but still mostly firm. Remove and rinse under cold water to stop from cooking any further.
Then bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add peas; cook 1 minute. Drain and plunge peas into ice water; drain.
Combine lemon zest and juice, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a large salad bowl. Add lettuce, asparagus, peas, tomatoes and chives (or scallions greens); toss to coat.