I shop at my farmer's market as often as possible to buy fruits and vegetables. It's the perfect season to eat fresh tomatoes in appetizer, in salad or cooked.
I love cherry tomatoes cooked with garlic.
Yesterday, I made Chicken breast with mozzarella, basil and cherry tomatoes. It's the easiest chicken's recipe that I've made. It's a quick and delicious recipe.
My whole family enjoyed this meal :)
La Fourmi Elé a French cooking blog inspired me for this recipe.
Simply make sure that the chicken is cooked. You can serve it with pasta, potatoes or green beans.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 250 gr (8.80 oz) (0.550 lb) ball mozzarella, sliced into 8
- 20 gr chopped fresh basil
- 3 + 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 gr (1/2 pint) cherry tomatoes (around 15 round cherry tomatoes)
- 2 small garlic cloves crushed and chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan. Add the chicken and cook over-medium heat around 30-40 mn.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- In a small pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the garlic and fry 1 minutes. Then add the tomatoes and the basil. Let it cook 10 minutes (add salt and pepper after 5 minutes of cooking).
- When the chicken is cooked. Add the mozzarella on the top of the chicken, then the tomatoes. Serve when the mozzarella has melted.